To be a bit more verbose...

I downloaded the web page to disk so I could toy with it during lunch,
when I'm not connected to the internet.  After about ten reboots I
finally had it nailed down.  My Windoze friends are gonna hate this...
 they've always regarded Window's bootup graphics as making windows
"superior" in some way or another.  I think they've just let their
minds be harmed by all the years of windows ; )

So I now use the theme "livecd-2006.0" Just my $0.02, but it's sorta
difficult to change themes.  Soon as I'm more bash literate, I'll try
to make a script to change themes in a easier manner
("lsauron_cngsplshthm [theme]", perhaps?  I dunno...  Mind of a
programmer, once more).  I counted 2 places I have to change to change
themes:

/etc/splash splashutils_geninitramfs... // generate new initramfs file
/boot/grub/menu.lst // point to it, and make sure kernel command line
args are nice and happy

but otherwise it was rather painless.  The initial install was
painful...  when you have to do a manual rc-update add or whatever it
is, that's a sign that you need to make a script of some kind...  my
personal feelings, of course.

So thanks for the help - Probably wouldn't have gotten this far by
myself (I have a habit of bouncing off the same walls until someone
explains to me why my thinking isn't right, even though it is quite
logical).

PS:  I'm playing with this GPG stuff...  I want to see if any of you
can use [verify] this.  I'm just curious...  I had some nut case
ghosting off of my domain and email and then emailing some friends.  I
was not happy.  Someone suggested signing my messages.  So, I'm
trying.  Tell me if I'm doing it right if it's conveinient.