Alle 17:29, venerdì 7 aprile 2006, [EMAIL PROTECTED] ha scritto:
> Alle 16:26, venerdì 7 aprile 2006, Richard Fish ha scritto:
> > On 4/7/06, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Hi all, I recompiled my kernel and now the system bell plays . . . but
> > > as root only.
> > > I tried to add myself as normal users to the following groups:
> > > root, sys, adm, tty, console
> > >
> > > with no results.
> >
> > Is your user a member of the audio group?
>
> Of course. That was the first thing I did when I installed alsa.
>
> > -Richard
>
> emilio

Hi folks: SOLVED!!

In my (user) home directory there is .kde/share/config/kaccessrc file.
The file has two sections: Bell and Mouse.
I modified the first two entries of Bell section like this:

ArtsBell=true
SystemBell=true

And now the system bell works for all users!

I hope this can help!

Bye
emilio