On Thursday 13 April 2006 21:10, Sven Köhler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
about '[gentoo-user]  dialup + IPv6?':
> I'm facing many many questions. My friend is telling me, that in theory,
> i would be abled to use IPv6 addresses based on the 6to4-address of the
> IPv4 address of my ppp0 - but that changes every 24 hours.

Many of the free 4to6 tunnels will provide a /64 of IPv6 addresses that you
can assign arbitrarily.  They also provide scripts to automatically update
your 4to6 tunnel's IPv4 address whenever you are assigned a new one.

> A MASQ-target seems not to be available for IPv6

Yes, NAT is not available in IPv6, nor is it needed.

> - so if my router
> disconnects/reconnets, all the computers in my LAN will have to change
> their IPv6 address.

Nope, you can use their MAC address to generate an IPv6 address that will
always be used for that device.  You could /also/ assign the an address
out of the /64 space given to you by the tunnel broker.

IPv6 routers exchange routing information so you can use the same IPv6
address for a device no matter whose network infrastructure you are using.
That's one of the great things about IPv6.

> Has anyone ever tried to supply his homenetwork with IPv6 through a
> normal IPv6 connection?

I wanted to do it but never got very far.

--
"If there's one thing we've established over the years,
it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest