Richard Fish wrote:

>I would suggest not dealing with bootsplash issues at this point, and
>work on getting a stable framebuffer working.  Once you have that, the
>bootsplash side of things is pretty straight-forward.

Thank, Richard - I shall follow you advice. You chose the following I
presume?
- kernel sources [gentoo-sources]
- in kernel config [chose framebuffer-tng]
- X11 served by Xorg

Any tips for me to ensure that my consoles are not corrupted once X
starts and I want command line ob consoles. I think that is what you
meant by stable-framebuffer, didn't you? Please bear with me in case
this has been answered before. Apologies in that case - and I would
really appreciate any pointers.

Thank you so much
Rohit