On Monday 17 April 2006 09:14, John Jolet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
about '[gentoo-user] evms':
> Trying to set up a new server using evms, but the howto on the gentoo
> site seems very old and incomplete.
> basically, i've got 3 hot-swappable scsi drives, but no raid
> controller.. I want to end up with lvm logical volumes on top of a
> software raid-5.  but getting there with evms is presenting me some
> issues.  FYI, i've been an aix system adminstrator for over 10 years,
> so i'm very familiar with lvm concepts and applications..just trying
> to translate that process into evms terms.

In your situation, I'd get rid of evms, it's not needed.  Use mdadm to
create a raid5 volume from your 3 drives, then use the command-line lvm
tools to create a pv, vg, and all the lvs you want.

--
"If there's one thing we've established over the years,
it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest