You are in the same boat I was - I had to translate the wiki to my needs but
between that and the EVMS docs and the EVMS mailing list I put the pieces
together.   The wiki fillied in some missing pieces or stated them in another
way that made sense.   I went with EVMS mainly to learn about it as this is a
home system and I found I liked it so much I'll use it on any work Linux
systems that I have.