Hello

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Download_Cache_for_LAN-Http-Replicator

seems to be woefully out of date. I just had my lan-http-replicator
server die and it took a while to figure out how to turn it off replicator
(on a client machine) I had to look at /etc/profile.env and then issue:

export http_proxy=''

The file /etc/profile.env tells us to edit /etc/profile to make changes
but it's just a script. Where do I turn off 'export
http_proxy='192.168.2.9:8080'
permanently so that it survives a system reboot? I.E. I do not want the
client using LAN-Http-Replicator for a while... It's been so long since I set
this up, and my (unreliable) memory tells me I had to hack at it extensively
to get it to work, a very long time ago.

Suggestions and newer docs are most welcome.

James