I've tried everything I can think of.

      * When I use foomatic-gui to delete the printer, I get a message
        that confirms the deletion, but when I reboot it's back! In my
        case, I think foomatic-gui invokes "foomatic-configure -s cups
        -R -n <queuename>" which in turn invokes "lpadmnin -x
        <queuename>".
      * I've removed the printer queue from /etc/cups/printers.conf.
      * When I browser http://localhost:631/printers, and I attempt to
        delete the printer, I get an error message saying that the
        printer's host can't be reached (it no longer exists), and the
        deletion fails.
      * I can't see where the printer queue name is maintained across
        reboot.

Help! (Thanks!)

--- Vladimir

Vladimir G. Ivanovic