On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 10:47 +1000, Geoff wrote:
> My screen keeps going blank after about 5 miniutes. I have DPMS turned
> off and still my screen goes blank. I dont have a screen saver set.
> Does anybody know how to stop this?

X seems to do it regardless of what you have dpms set to.  Try turning
DPMS on in /etc/X11/xorg.conf, and setting:
Option "BlankTime"
Option "StandbyTime"
Option "SuspendTime"
Option "OffTime"

to 0 (if 0 means disable - man xorg.conf).

HTH,

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power.
                -- William Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar"