Hi,

 I have installed exim-4.60-r1 and spamassassin-3.1.0.

 Both are started in daemon mode at boot. I can connect to port
 783 via telnet: Spamassassin is listening.

 In the exim.conf file I found this line

   # For spam scanning, there is a similar option that defines the interface to
   # SpamAssassin. You do not need to set this if you are using the default,
which
   # is shown in this commented example. As for virus scanning, you must also
   # modify the acl_check_data access control list to enable spam scanning.

   # spamd_address = 127.0.0.1 783

 I understand this passage as Exim will interface to Spamassassin
 automagically if port 783 is opened by it and I have nothing
 additionally to do. Nevertheless I uncommented the last line.

 But I get no mails scanned....

 Something went wrong and I cannot figure out, what it is...

 Any help is very appreciated !!! :O)

 Kind regards,
 mcc