On 02/05/06, John Jolet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Tuesday 02 May 2006 09:30, Alexander Skwar wrote:
> John Jolet wrote:
> > partimage (stores each partition as a file) also requires a storage
> > system that can take > 2gb files
>
> I might be wrong, but I think you can make partimage split the files,
> can't you?

Yes, you can split the image file to a size of your choice.

that's what the docs say..then again, the docs also say you can write across
the network...but both of those failed when i tried them....

Both options have worked for me on different machines.  Yet again YMMV.

Partimage is good if you are cloning identically sized partitions
(perfect for a backup).  It's a bit more involved if the partitions
are different sizes as you will have to resize them thereafter using
something like e.g. gparted.
--
Regards,
Mick