On 5/2/06, Teresa and Dale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

OK, here's my deal.  My girlfriend wants to use windoze, yes it has
already died from a bug and it took a while to get it all back to
working, again.  This is what I want to do to make it easy when this
happens again, this is windoze so it will happen, likely sooner rather
than later too.

I want to be able to back her drive up to a CD, the whole thing even if
it takes a few CDs.  When it dies again, I want to be able to put in the
first CD and it boot and reinstall everything from there with little
interaction from me.

Is there such a creature?  Please tell me it is free.  I'm used to Linux
remember.

I can't believe I let her spend almost $200.00 on that crappie OS.  <
hangs head in shame >  She a great person in all other respects though.
I just have to keep working on this area.

Thanks

Dale
:-)

There is g4l (Ghost For Linux), it is still under work I believe, but
it is a great tool, if you never used Ghost (from Symantec) then
you're not familiar with Windows (lol).  It can backup your
disk/partitions and create image files that can be restored later. It
has good compression and I have an image for each Windows Machine here
at work. A whole install with Office and everything goes about 3 CDs.

http://freshmeat.net/projects/g4l/

--
Daniel da Veiga
Computer Operator - RS - Brazil