Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
> (snip)
>
> There are cases, where misonformation was not found for month, even longer -
> and there are a lot of very demanding and obscure articles, would you really
> bet, that every case of voluntary misinformation can and will be found?

In that case you should stop using GNU/OSS software, as you have no way
of knowing every piece of code using your brains.. Have you ever audited
kernel before updating? No.. But still you update.. Why? Because you
trust that someone will point some malicious code, if any, before it
comes to your machine.. Likewise, if someone reads the article and he
sees some inconsistency, he'll in all likelihood correct it (just in
wiki's, not entirely possible in "Reliable Articles By Experts")..

Just as an example, compare Wikipedia spelling accuracy to other sources,
you'll find that Wikipedia is far better.. When thousands of people are
editing a article there will always be some odd person who will post
misinformation, but how many people will correct it? Almost everyone who
points that misinformation..

Almost every book we read contain some mistakes, so should we stop
reading book or stop learning from it.. But at least with wiki pages one
has the option of correcting the mistakes live.. If you don't trust the
community that's doing this great work of writing free software, sharing
their knowledge in Wiki's, then what's the point of using GNU/Linux? I'm
not saying that you are entirely wrong, but your assumption that one
must not follow wiki's just because they are world editable is wrong

Farhan Ahmed
--
Place           :  Bangalore, Karnataka, India
GPG Key         :  8BE90E98