Pawel K wrote on 08/05/06 17:57:

> Thanx all of You for help but it didn't help.
> I've selected both pl_PL and pl_PL.utf8

> maybe there is something wrong with my following
> option in xorg.conf:

      Option "XkbOptions" "grp:switch"

> It is very important for me writing national
> characters. If You have any other ideas let me know

This is a snippet from my xorg.conf keyboard set-up.  You'll probably
prefer to use XkbModel=pc105 rather than the logitech model I use.

My locale settings are LC_ALL=en_GB.utf8, but again, you might prefer
LC_ALL=en_US.utf8 to match your OpenOffice preferences.

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Keyboard0"
        Driver          "kbd"
        Option          "AutoRepeat"    "500 30"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "logicdp"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "us_intl"
EndSection

I had this sort of problems only with OpenOffice, which misbehaved under
KDE, but worked fine under IceWM.  Setting LC_ALL=en_US.utf8 fixed it.

Does composing the Polish characters work for you under applications
such as Mozilla Thunderbird?

What specific Polish characters are you missing, and how do normally
compose them?  If you tell me how you expect to compose them, I'll test
to see if it works here.

Cheers, Dave