I am a little green with Linux but here is a poser for the list …

I am trying to set up a PXE boot to Linux for diskless workstations.

I have PXELinux up and running no problem.

What I need help on is how to make a kernel and initramfs to plug into PXE Linux.

I know how to use genkernel but what I am after here is not just how to do it but what to put in the RAMdisk.

In other words I need to build a test machine with minimal file structure so that I don’t have to mount the whole root from an NFS share.

I only want to mount the portions with user persistent data.

Any Ideas?

Thanks.