Goran Dubajic wrote:
Hi guys,

I am running Gentoo on Toshiba M45-S369 laptop, with unstable x1. When
I did "emerge world" and carelessly "etc-update" (most of the cfg
files were for x11)  and try to boot my laptop today,  I got message
that "eth1 is not found" (eth0 is wireless)....
Today I tried to recompile the kernel but it did not help...
Any suggestions?

Best wishes,
Goran.

What module do you use for eth1? Is it loaded? Does your wireless work? Do you use dhcp for eth1? Post a little more info about how you had it setup when it worked and then we can work backwards from there

Jim