Jeremy Olexa wrote:

Configure ACPI to run the proc at the lowest speed unless it is under a
load. I leave my laptop on for days at a time..the longest uptime is 8
days so far. My proc speed is always set at 600mhz unless it is under a
load and then it jumps to 1.7ghz, it works well..

OK. That is how I have had it setup. The Pentium M will go down to 800 MHz and stay there and jump to 1.73 GHz from time to time. I do change the governor to performance when I run VMWare and then drop it back down when I close it. I would think that at 800 MHz, the chip should stay pretty cool.

Jim