> Portage uses md5sum to check the integrity of the file. This error
> occur when you try to use a replicated copy of the distfile or
> whenever you emerge something? Even downloading it from an official
> mirror?

Yes, I get the error when I do a emerge of some new package which is downloaded
from a official site.

I look closer at the emerge output and found a resume.  That seemed odd.

I tried to tar -jtvf /usr/portage/distfile/aterm...

and got the error message:  Not in zip format or something to that effect.

So did a less on the file and found to my surprize HTML code at the beginning.

Then I remembered with the http-replicator it said to create a
/etc/portage/mirror
file with the mirror in it.  I nuked that file and emerge started working again.

Now I am back to a pointer where I can try to figure out what when wrong with
http-replicator.

Thanks for all the help.

--
Darryl Wagoner