Hi Arturo

On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 18:29 -0300, Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman wrote:
> I've never found a program that would allow me to browse portage
> categories, then packages, showing in one window description,
> version, etc, etc.

you do know kuroo [1]?

It's very kde-ish, but (or because of that) does not provide any
functionality in console. It's not the tool i prefer. I used it some
time ago and i have to say it's a very ambitious project. Maybe you
could get some impressions for your own work from their website or even
help in the development of kuroo itself.

Regards
Bennet
-----
[1] http://kuroo.org/

--
A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer