2006/5/17, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
On Tuesday 16 May 2006 10:05, "wu chuanwen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
about 'Re: [gentoo-user] cause jdk1.5 emerge tomcat error!':
Find what package owns the class/jar that's giving a
UnsupportedClassVersionError (you might find equery from gentoolkit suited
to this task) and recompile it with javac 1.4.  This /could/ end
up "chaining" down (meaning, that package requires you to compile a
different package with 1.4 and so on)to where you have to compile
everything with JDK 1.4, but maybe not.

As covered before, JDK 5 (1.5) is masked for a reason.  You really
shouldn't unmask it unless you are ready to deal with the problems
*yourself*.
I know i have made a big mistake now!
Many on the list will be either unable or unwilling to help
you, and I have severe limits in my knowledge, having never actually
installed JDK 1.5 on Gentoo, only the Windows boxes I've been forced to
use for various work-related tasks.
Oh!You are a nice man! Many people here are very nice!

--
"If there's one thing we've established over the years,
it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest

--
wcw