On Saturday 27 May 2006 10:41, Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
> > True.  But why keep 3.4?
>
> because 3.5 has some bugs - and some people have less problems tolerate
> this bugs than others.

I must agree here. I have been using the 3.5 ebuilds since they entered the
tree many months) on two systems.

I still consider it buggy, and am quite surprised they have gone "stable" in
gentoo.

While they are not major issues, they are definately annoyances: One is that
konqueror has an interestingly difficult time scrolling up and down pages if
they have text boxes which are populated with text in them.

Another is that kmail crashes. A *LOT*. A minimum of two times a day on me, I
have seen as high as five.

I do not consider 3.5 stable

It is a wise idea to use the slotting feature, and keep 3.4.

--
"When you walk across the fields with your mind pure and holy, then from
all the stones, and all growing things, and all animals, the sparks of