On Tue, 30 May 2006 22:29:02 +0200, Norbert Kamenicky wrote:

> to establish gre tunnel, these commands have to be run:
> (e.g. from local.start)
>
> # ip tunnel add vpn0 mode gre remote 1.1.1.1 local 2.2.2.2 dev eth0
> # ip addr add 3.3.3.3 dev vpn0
> # ip link set vpn0 mtu 1420 up
>
> Does anybody know, how to put it into /etc/conf.d/net ?
> I didn't succeed yet, 'cause I found no clear doc.

I take it you want these run when the interface comes up? If so, put them
in the postup() function in /etc/conf.d/net. Something like

postup() {
        if [ ${IFACE} == "eth0" ]; then
                ip tunnel add vpn0 mode gre remote 1.1.1.1 local 2.2.2.2 dev
eth0
                ip addr add 3.3.3.3 dev vpn0
                ip link set vpn0 mtu 1420 up
                fi
        }

You may need to put the shutdown commands in predown().

See /etc/conf.d/net.example for more info. I use ~arch, so I don't know
for sure how much of this works in the current stable baselayout, but
I've been using these functions for over a year, so I guess it's in
stable by now.

--
Neil Bothwick

No maintenance: Impossible to fix.