Sorry about the dual post here and on kde list but there is very
little activity there for several days.

Running Gentoo linux with kde-3.5 installed

On a recent new install of gentoo and kde I find that Konqueror no
longer behaves the same way concerning the location box.  I mean the
box containing ones current web address being visited.

I used to use emacs type key bindes in that box:

  C-a goto to start of line
  C-k delete line.

The C-k part no longer works.  C-a still moves cursor to beginning of
line but it also highlights the address.  I don't think it did in

But the part I miss is the C-k delete and copy the address.
The konqueror settings dialog appears not to offer that kind of
setting so anyone here know where and how that would be done?