On Tuesday 06 June 2006 15:17, Sven wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 03:04:33PM +0200, thibault jouannic wrote:
> > Well... No effect. Even when I open a new terminal, there is no
> > change. I also tried env-update and source /etc/profile, with no
> > result.
> >
> > thanks,
> > thibault.
>
> Opening a new terminal isn't enough. End your X session and log in
> again at your display manager, or, if you don't use one, log out on
> the virtual console, log in again and start x.

The full description is that the needs to start a new login session. A
new xterm is not a new login session. It also has nothing to do with
profile and bashrc. He wants this:

su - thibault

--
If only me, you and dead people understand hex,
how many people understand hex?

Alan McKinnon
alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za