On 6/9/06, Daevid Vincent <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
This is just annoying moreso than anything...

Whenever I boot into Gentoo, my clock is always a few minutes off -- usually
between 5 and 7 minutes. I have to do an ntp sync to right it every time.

What is more confusing, is that XP (I dual boot my Dell i8200 notebook) is
the correct time, and so is the actual BIOS !!!?

        locutus ~ # date
        Fri Jun  9 15:17:35 PDT 2006

        locutus ~ # /etc/init.d/ntp-client restart
         * Setting clock via the NTP client 'ntpdate' ...

        locutus ~ # date
        Fri Jun  9 15:13:23 PDT 2006

        locutus etc # cat /etc/timezone
        America/Los_Angeles

I've tried to 'hwclock --hctosys'

locutus conf.d # cat clock
# /etc/conf.d/clock

# Set CLOCK to "UTC" if your system clock is set to UTC (also known as
# Greenwich Mean Time).  If your clock is set to the local time, then
# set CLOCK to "local".  Note that if you dual boot with Windows, then
# you should set it to "local".

CLOCK="local"

# If you wish to pass any other arguments to hwclock during bootup,
# you may do so here.

CLOCK_OPTS=""

# If you want to set the Hardware Clock to the current System Time
# during shutdown, then say "yes" here.

CLOCK_SYSTOHC="no"
Change this to "yes" - your BIOS clock is off, this will set your BIOS
clock to match your updated Gentoo clock when you shutdown Gentoo...

-James

ÐÆ5ÏÐ