Anthony E. Caudel wrote:

>Teresa and Dale wrote:
>

>>Care to guess how much I like modules:
>>

>>>[EMAIL PROTECTED] / # lsmod
>>>Module                  Size  Used by
>>>nvidia               4551892  12
>>>[EMAIL PROTECTED] / #
>>>

>>I would have that one in there if I could.  I never did like them.
>>

>Why?

I read somewhere once that it is harder to mess with the kernel than the
modules, as in someone putting something evil in it.  The kernel is one
big file but the modules are not.  I think they are in /usr/lib/modules
ot something like that.  I figure if someone messes with the kernel,
they will mess it up or something and it will not boot at all.

I just read it is not as secure is what I am saying I guess.  Besides, I
just hate have to edit the module file to get them to load, plus you
ahve to wait when booting.

My sorry $.02 worth.

Dale
:-) :-)