Alexander Skwar wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Some time ago, "eix-sync -v" used to show what's been changed between
> the just run "emerge --sync" and the old database.
>
> That's no longer done. After eix-sync is finished, I just see:

>  * IMPORTANT: 1 config files in /etc need updating.
>  * Type emerge --help config to learn how to update config files.
>
>  * Running update-eix
> Reading Portage settings ..
> Building database (/var/cache/eix) from scratch ..
> [0] /Gentoo/Portage/tree/ (cache: cdb)
>      Reading 100%
> [1] /Gentoo/Portage/local-tree/misc (cache: none)
>      Reading 100%
> Applying masks ..
> Database contains 19 packages in 147 categories.
> Diffing databases (19 - 19 packages)
>
> Any idea what's wrong?
>
> Alexander Skwar
Hi,
Disable 'cdb' caching module, look above "(cache: cdb)".
Here's mine /etc/eixrc:
# cat /etc/eixrc
PORTDIR_CACHE_METHOD="metadata"
# PORTDIR_CACHE_METHOD="none"
# PORTDIR_CACHE_METHOD="backport"
# PORTDIR_CACHE_METHOD="flat"

Commented options are old entries, only i don't remember when/why i used
them.
PS: also check einfo/elog message from portage-2.1
HTH.Rumen