Hallo.

When I use an application which uses esound/esd to "make noise",
the output stops after a short period of time (~40 seconds) and
esd then consumes about 100% CPU. I'm using a "lousy"

00:11.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8233/A/8235/8237
AC97 Audio Controller (rev 50)

on my notebook.

Any ideas about how I could debug that, so that sound works? I
just tried Ubuntu 6.0.6 and there sound output works just fine -
so it's not a (pure) hardware issue but rather a misconfiguration
on my side.

Thanks,

Alexander Skwar
--
HUMAN REPLICAS are inserted into VATS of NUTRITIONAL YEAST ...