1. Has anyone noticed if programs compiled with the latest gcc (4.1.1, I
believe) are any faster than those compiled with 3.4.6-r1? Also, is there any
difference in the required time to compile? Any other issues I should know
about with upgrading from 3.4.6-r1 to 4.1.1? (I use a pre-Prescott P4
3000MHz, so it'd be nice if anyone had information for that or a comparable
architecture.)

2. If I want to upgrade and rebuild my entire system (using a new gcc), is:
        emerge -u gcc
        emerge -e world
the right thing to do? Am I missing anything there?

(Note: if it makes any difference, I have ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" set in
my /etc/make.conf. Any problems this could cause?)
--
Jesse Hannah

Homepage: <http://everstar.hostultra.com/>
IRC Nick: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
GPG Key: 0x78F156E7
Available on the keyservers (search the key or for "Jedi Web-Penguin")
or from <http://everstar.hostultra.com/jesse.asc>