Mick wrote:
On 17/06/06, Alexander Skwar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

BUT: As there are no GLSAs, I'd say that there are no currently known
security problems.

Thanks!

Out of the the apps mentioned in this thread, which one would you
recommend

Netcat or gnu-netcat (not much of a difference, as far as I know).

With netcat, you can either do SMTP manually (like you intended) or
you can use netcat in the way it might have been originally intended;
ie. as a "cat to net".

To do the former, you'd execute:

        nc host smtp

To do the latter, you'd do:

echo "HELO localhost
QUIT" | nc host smtp

The latter isn't (easily) possible with telnet ("easy" excludes
the use of "expect").

Alexander Skwar
--
You get along very well with everyone except animals and people.