On 6/19/06, Alexander Skwar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Alexander Kirillov wrote:

> I've lost most of them locales after upgrade to glibc-2.3.6-r4.

You'll need to create a /etc/locale.gen file. After that, read

        man 5 locale.gen
        man 8 locale-gen

and run /usr/sbin/locale-gen

> I don't have userlocales flag set either.

As there *is* no such flag, there's really no need to set it.

there IS a userlocales flag available for the previous version, seems not working though, I set the USE flag, but locale -a still list nearly everything. the latest r4 version ignore this flag somehow.

> And probably should consider selling sweatshirts to oil-exporting
> countries instead of software engineering as I don't seem to be capable
> of running STABLE system anymore.

Yep.

Alexander Skwar
--
Dreams are free, but there's a small charge for alterations.