My up-to-date ~x86 laptop, that I updated last night now fails to start kdm/kde. It has been working fine, after adding the necessary lines to package.mask a month ago or so relating to xorg7 and nvidia-glx.

I am not sure what was updated with my update last night that would have been giving me problems. X starts fine, and I try to run startkde from x and it starts then gives me a black screen.

When booting kdm trys to start, gives me teh background then flashes the login box, then just keeps blanking, flashing teh login box.

Any one else having this problem?

Any idea what was updated in ~x86 yest. that would give me problems here? I have run a current cfg-update -u.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike