On Wednesday, 21 June 2006 14:48, Kumar Golap wrote:
> I am trying to updat dbus to the latest and i get the following
>
> # emerge -uv dbus
> Calculating dependencies... done!

> !!! Digest verification failed:
> !!! /usr/portage/sys-apps/dbus/dbus-0.62.ebuild
> !!! Reason: Filesize does not match recorded size
> !!! Got: 3913
> !!! Expected: 3863
>

> Any clue what could be wrong...i am on a ~amd64 architecture
>

> Thanks
>
> Kumar

You may have a corrupt or incomplete download. Otherwise the ebuild may just
have the wrong filesize which should hopefully be corrected by the next time
you sync. If you're sure the download is fine you can re-digest the ebuild by
executing

# ebuild /usr/portage/sys-apps/dbus-0.62.ebuild digest

--
Raymond Lewis Rebbeck