Richard Fish wrote:

> On 6/22/06, 张�|武 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> The two USB slots provided by the USB card are both OHCI (some USB 1.x
>> stuff, not USB 2.0). So far it seems one single printer uses up all the
>> USB bandwidth (sometimes printer stop there several seconds wait for
>> signal).
>

> Are you *sure* this is due to USB bandwidth? Many printers have to do
> internal processing of the document before they start printing, and
> depending upon the complexity of the document, I've seen printers take
> several seconds to several minutes to print each page. Simple text
> documents are usually fast, but complex graphics can take a long time.
>
> You might be better off upgrading to a single workgroup-class
> network-enabled printer.
>
> -Richard

I too have noticed mine being really slow when doing pictures or some
complex graphics. Many people think printers are dumb but they still do
a lot of processing. If the printer is old, you may want to see if you
can upgrade the memory in it or just get you a newer printer. I have
seen increasing the memory help a lot but it still depends on what you
are doing and the speed of the processor.

Is there a tool to monitor the use of USB ports? Maybe then he can see
if it is the printer or the network. Maybe he already has done this and
I missed it.

Dale
:-) :-)