Jarry wrote:

> Teresa and Dale wrote:
>
>> Did that work for you?  Are you having trouble still?
>

> Yes, it did, thanks. I just downladed that archive manually
> and moved it into /usr/portage/distfiles.
>
> Anyway, I am still surprised a little. I thought sources
> of portage-packages are mirrored on gentoo-mirrors...
>
> It seems to me to be a little "insecure", to download
> mod_security from somewhere "from wild" instead of
> gentoo-mirrors or homepage. One can not be sure those
> sources have not been modified...
>
> Jarry

I agree to some degree.  I think it should be gotten from the home page
when not avaiable from a Gentoo mirror.  However, portage has the
checksum so if someone messed with it, you would get a error saying it
didn't match.  It should be safe.

Glad you got it going.  I got those 6 packages unmerged too.

Dale
:-)  :-)