Jason Weisberger wrote:

> List,
>
> Here's a new one.  I ended up hard booting my system without shutting
> down first because I spilled beer on my keyboard...... ok, now that
> you're done laughing, here's the problem:
>
> localhost jbdubbs # /usr/kde/3.5/bin/kded
> FATAL: DCOP communication problem!
> Aborted
>
> On session start, KDE show an error:
>
> KDE Media Manager not running!
>
> I guess there's something wrong with dcop, but I can't figure out what
> to do about it.  I'm sure that people who keep beer FAR away from
> keyboards like smart people would know what to do :)
>

> --
> Jason Weisberger

I have not rebooted but I did logout of KDE and start getting the same
error about the media manager not running when KDE comes back up.  KDE
3.5.3 here.  I have noticed that CDs don't show up as fast when inserted
and the pop-up doesn't come up anymore.  I think I updated kdelibs the
other day.  Did you do the same recently??

At least know I know it is not just me.

Dale

:-)  :-)