        Screen      0
        Option      "DPI" "100 x 100" # <-------- this is place to play!
EndSection

======= On Wednesday 28 June 2006 18:53, A. R. wrote: =======
> After re-emerging that, I restarted xdm/kdm and when I logged in I found all
> fonts to be quite
> smaller... to the level of thinking I had a bigger resolution :P (I use
> 1024x768 maximum).
>
> Any idea?
>
> What information can I provide?

Hi,
I used to have the same problems every time I upgraded xorg until I
found information about passing the screen dimensions in the xorg.conf
file so the server can determine (calculate) the DPI.

Basically, you can provide the screen dimensions in millimiters in the
following manner:

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier "CRT-2"
    VendorName "Sony"
    ModelName "CDP-G400"
    DisplaySize 355 264
EndSection

This way you'll get a consistent DPI for your display even after upgrading xorg.

Another way of achieving this is, if you do not boot right into
KDM/XDM, you log into the console and pass a DPI value when starting
xorg:

startx -- -layout <Your server layout of choice> -dpi 96

As you can see, in the example I am forcing a DPI of 96.

Hope this helps.

- AR

--
If you stare long enough into an abyss, the abyss will stare back into you...