Dale,

Yeah you won't need QT4 for anything for quite some time.  Nothing that I know of uses it yet.  Plus the fact that DBus won't compile with that option leads me to believe that it's just wasting space.  Once you get rid of it, make sure to do a revdep-rebuild to make sure you didn't accidentally compile anything against it.

On 6/28/06, Teresa and Dale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Uwe Thiem wrote:

>On 28 June 2006 15:54, Teresa and Dale wrote:
>

>>Well, I had qt3 in there but I also stuck qt4 in my USE line as well.  I
>>guess I only need one instead of both.  Live and learn.  Since qt4 is
>>newer, should I use it instead of qt3??
>>

>Qt4 won't be used for KDE before KDE4 - and that won't be released before next
>year. So for the time being...
>

>>Dbus did compile this time.  Now to see if mediamanager will work now.  ;-)
>>

>Uwe
>(crossing fingers)

OK.  I logged out, even did a ctrl alt bksp for good measure, then
logged back in, no mediamanager error this time.  I guess it worked.
All that for a pop up to go away.  < laughs >

Of course, now when I put in a CD, that thing pops up.  At least it is
not a error though and it really opens up instead of giving me a error
that it is already mounted and such.

I assume I can unmerge qt version 4?

Thanks for the help.  Sorry my rig was such a pest.  It happens.

Dale
:-)  :-)