Enrico Weigelt wrote:
* kashani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snip>

In my case I noticed that sasl auth on relay doesn't seem to work unless I set the following in main.cf

smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = no
Are you sure you have to *disable* sasl auth on your (incoming)
smtp server ?

With more than one admin here it's easy to mistake smtp for smtpd. Additionally I believe is explicitly turning off things I don't need so they don't come back to bite me in the ass when the default settings of a daemon changes eight months down the line. If you need sasl on incoming mail then by all means leave it on.

it's the smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes line that is the most important.

Of course. You have to tell him that he should (try to) authenticate itself at another server.

Hard to auth when you're not telling Postfix it needs to with the smtp_sasl = yes line. At least that hasn't been mentioned in this thread so I thought it was worth the mention.

Going back to the original problem you won't see sasl auth in the logs unless you add a -v to smtp is master.cf, again not smtpd which is the first line in master.cf, but smtp. I'd flip it on while you're troubleshooting.

kashani