Hello

I've changed -march from pentrium4 to pentium3 and
wanted to recompile everything. I've used the
following command to do that:

emerge --update --deep --newuse world

but only about 50% packages have been recompiled.

1) How can I recompile all of them ?
I don't want to download new packages, I just want to
recompile existing ones.

2) Can I work on that machine during recompilation. I
mean what happens with binaries that are currently
executed and need to be replaced with pentium3
compiled version ?
How should I replace e.g. /bin/bash or /usr/bin/gcc
with pentium3 version ?
I think that the only way is mount my root partition
on another system and copy the pentium3 binaries
manualy onto current pentium4 binaries. Do you know
other way ?

thank You for help