On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 01:54 -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> > I'm still stucked on Xorg-6.8 and not intending to upgrade anytime soon
> > unless there is a lot of good things to expect out of it.
> > Right now, as long as there's no exploit/bug for xorg-6.8, I'll keep it
> > that way.
>
> Yep, that's your prerogative. But the next exploit may not get updated
> in 6.x.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't want to upgrade, I just don't
have a test box and I just don't want to go through some "hell" to get
my laptop to work for work. :-)

> There are plenty of improvements to expect, but you'd need to
> read the ChangeLogs for details.

Which changelogs? Xorgs or the one in portage?
I can't seem to find the changelogs for xorg 7.0 in www.x.org.

>  Addition of the new acceleration
> architecture (exa), accelerated indirect GLX, and many fixes to drivers
> are just a few.

I see, you mean xorg's changelogs.

I just looked at the modular x upgrade howto and the wiki, seems pretty
decent.
But the Block List and the # of packages is just huge :-)

What are the caveats during the upgrade?