On Sun, 09 Jul 2006 17:18:32 +0200, Alexander Skwar wrote:

> > What to do when your smtp server needs authentification ?
>
> Curse the damned too simple ELOG interface :)
>
> That's why I wrote, that I actually use =custom. I wrote a page on
> the wiki regarding this:

What's wrong with the procedure outlined in /etc/make.conf.example (I
haven't tried it)?

# PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI: this variable holds all important settings for the mail
#                       module. In most cases listing the recipient address and
#                       the receiving mailserver should be sufficient, but you
can
#                       also use advanced settings like authentication or TLS.
The
#                       full syntax is:
#                           address [[user:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:port]]
#                       where
#                           address:    recipient address
#                           user:       username for smtp auth (defaults to
none)
#                           passwd:     password for smtp auth (defaults to
none)
#                           mailserver: smtp server that should be used to
deliver the mail

--
Neil Bothwick