On 7/13/06, Jarry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
- to use "Windows emulator" aka Wine (I know, it is NOT emulator)
- or to use "PC emulator" + Windows installed (like VMware) ???

IME wine still has a lot of stabilty and compatibility issues, at
least for the things software I need to run.  But it get's better all
the time, so you should try it.  Be sure to use the ~arch version, and
you will get new versions of wine within a day or so of them being
released.  One caveat: there have been problems getting wine to build
on the x86_64 hosts.

PC virtualization software (qemu+kqemu, vmware) with windows installed
gives you by far the best compatibility and of those, I find vmware to
be the most complete solution.  I highly recommend this! One
possibility here is to use a trial version of workstation to create
your virtual machine, and then use the free vmware-player to run it.

The only really serious problem I've had with vmware is that it has
trouble keeping track of time on some systems (laptops).  There are
(ugly) workarounds for this, so let me know if you run into this.

-Richard