Timothy A. Holmes wrote:
> As of this morning, the latest Kernel version in portage is 2.6.16-r12.
> It seems that there is a different versioning / naming scheme used but
> im not sure.  Can someone please let me know how to respond, or point me
> to appropriate reading so I can protect myself.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=git-commits-head&m=115273802320119&w=2
is the actual commit, with a fair bit of detail about it. You could pull
the 1-line patch from there and apply it to your kernel. There's also
the workaround mentioned in the SANS message if you don't feel
comfortable with patching, as long as you don't need to use core dumps
as non-root.

For gentoo-sources, the most reliable way to figure out what's going on
is the ChangeLog.

Thanks,
Donnie