On 7/21/06, Enrico Weigelt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
ah, so let's say i've installed package A (in world) which
required B. if I use --update w/o --deep, only A gets updated,
but not B.

What happens when a newer version of A requires some newer
version of B than currently installed ? Is B updated automatically ?

If it's explicitly specified in the ebuild then B will get updated. It
won't be updated on any other condition.

In my opinion doing emerge --update world instead of emerge --update
--deep world will break your system fast.
--
Pozdrawiam
Janusz YANOUSHek Bossy