On 23 July 2006 02:38, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 10:18:48 +0100

> I find that tv:// doesn't work at all when using composite in, but
> /dev/video0 does.

So far, I have to agree.

> My device also has one physical line in (two plugs, red=right, white=left),
> but ivtvctl -A shows four line-ins! I find that all of -q1, -q2, -q3 work
> with the line-in. -q0 is the tuner and -q4 is static.
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ ivtvctl -A
> ioctl: VIDIOC_ENUMAUDIO
>         Input   : 0
>         Name    : Tuner Audio In
>
>         Input   : 1
>         Name    : Audio Line 1
>
>         Input   : 2
>         Name    : Audio Line 2
>
>         Input   : 3
>         Name    : Audio Line 3
>
>         Input   : 4
>         Name    : Audio Line 4
>
> Are you really sure that there is an audio signal coming out the line thats
> plugged into the line-in? (Obvious I know!)

Yes. If I plug that line into Line IN of my soundcard I get audio. I actually
tried to feed composite into the TV card and audio into my soundcard.
Used "mplayer /dev/video0" and it kind of worked. But it isn't a solution for
two reasons:

1.
Audio and video are far out of sync that way.

2.
My goal isn't to watch tapes but to burn old tapes to DVDs. For that, I need
the MPEG2 stream coming out of /dev/video0 to be combined video and audio.

Uwe

--
Mark Twain: I rather decline two drinks than a German adjective.
http://www.SysEx.com.na