On 7/24/06, Adrian Vraciu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Monday 24 July 2006 19:39, Richard Fish wrote:
 # strace -f ifconfig -a

Ok, thanks.

I've looked through the sources for ifconfig (net-tools-1.60), and
based on the strace output you provided, I don't see how it can be
getting to the "No usable address families found" message.    That the
socket() calls work should be sufficient to bypass this branch in the
code.  Unless the ifconfig binary is corrupted....

I suggest posting the outputs of:

1. emerge -pv net-tools
2. emerge --info
3. cat /var/db/pkg/sys-apps/net-tools-*/CFLAGS

I also would try rebuilding net-tools: "emerge --oneshot net-tools".

-Richard