On Tuesday 01 August 2006 19:24, Grant wrote:
> How can I keep from having to manually "start" my printer in CUPS
> every so often?

Does the printer silently go offline? Sometimes a document contains an
error and CUPS set the printer off-line.

Raise CUPS log level and check the logs.

Maybe there's a problem in you printing subsystem (also firefox emerge
fails at some point around xprint, from your other post). Perhaps it's
time to run "revdep-rebuild"

ciao
        Francesco
--
Linux Version 2.6.17-gentoo-r4, Compiled #1 PREEMPT Mon Jul 24 07:52:46
CEST 2006