On 8/2/06, James <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello,

I've got my own iptables script to launch a customized firewall, located in
/usr/local/bin.

I'm aware of /etc/init.d/iptables the 'runscipt'. I do not wish to edit this
scipt as 'gentoo' updates nuke my edits therein.  Where is the gentoo
place of preference to launch my scipt after the gentoo runscipt
'/etc/init.d/iptables'  is finished running?

The best way is to run your script to setup the firewall the way you
want.  Then do:

/etc/init.d/iptables save
rc-udpate -a iptables default

Then, the Gentoo iptables script will restore *your* rules every time
you boot.  Any time you make a change to the rules, just run
"/etc/init.d/iptables save" to have Gentoo save off your current
rules.

-Richard