On 8/3/06, James <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello,

I recently got an HP 8000 laptop with any 9-pin serial ports.
I got a Entrega USB-to-serail cable.

lsusb sees the device:
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 046d:c01b Logitech, Inc. MX310 Optical Mouse
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 1645:8003 Entrega [hex]
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

When I compile the Entrega usb driver into the kernel is shows
 up in dmesg:
drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered for
Xircom / Entrega PGS - (prerenumeration)

and I can go to /dev/bus/usb/002/
and see with ls:
001  003

But when I go to minicom and go to set the serial port config,
I do not know how to designate the port:
With an ordinary (16550) serial port it would be something like:
/dev/ttyS1   or    /dev/ttyS0

What would it be with this Entrega device?

I also tried with the driver configured as a loadable
model, but with no success.....

Any ideas?
My usb to serial cable gets recognized as /dev/ttyUSB1

Hope that helps.

Kirby